Shop Environmental Policy
Joe Brown's Shops and its staff are making continued efforts to reduce their impact on the environment:
- All cardboard is sent to Moel y Ci Environmental Centre (www.moelyci.org) to be turned into compost.
- Paper, cans, and bottles are all recycled whenever possible.
- Tea and coffee (of which we proudly drink a lot) is all composted.
- Staff walk/ run/ ride to work as often as possible.
- Lift sharing to work is frequent (party due to the fact that we all like to get out climbing together after work!).
- Low Energy Lightbulbs are used throughout the building.
- Attempts are made to re-use packaging (i.e. the bubble wrap we get our deliveries in is re-used to package your web orders).
- We stock a number of environmentally friendly products.
- Continued lobbying of brands to reduce the amount of packaging used.
- When it comes to buying hardware we recommend buying local - fortunately for us DMM, arguably the worlds finest hardwear manufacturer, are a five minute walk away!!
Recycled Packaging (Web Orders)
As a business we try to recycle as much of our waste as possible although our local council does not help us in this! Where possible we reuse packaging materials. We have had only one adverse comment about this, from a customer who thought that it unprofessional of us to send out parcels in reused packaging. If you would prefer to receive your order in new packaging please indicate this in the comment box on the order form.